Monday, March 29, 2010

Minimalduino: Three, Please!

I got the latest version (.89) of my Minimalduino board to Laen at DorkbotPDX before the deadline this morning-- looking forward to getting three copies of it!

I met all of the specs I laid out in my original post, except there are no TX/RX LEDs and no SPI header. Keeping it exactly the same size as the Diecimila/Duemilanove meant more (and longer) jumpers than I wanted, but I like the layout over all, and the jumpers won't matter for the DorkbotPDX order since those will be 2-sided boards.

My favorite features are the button type options (top or side), power connection options (barrel or screw terminals, plus .1" separated pins), I2C header, and extra standoff mount-- the three Diecimila/Duemilanove standoff mounts never seemed adequate to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment