Monday, January 7, 2013

Too Many Parts... TGIMBOEJ!

I have a tendency to over-order, whether at a restaurant or Fry's or Mouser or Adafruit, and I find myself with an excess of parts and other electronic junk. Some parts were destined for a project that took another turn, or I ordered parts to build two copies and only built one, or I raided a kit for a few parts and filed the rest away. I'm also a sucker for the free and cheap and just enjoy tearing down gear for motors, IC's, power parts and of course blinkable bits, always adding to the parts stores.

But some bins are filled to bursting, and I have more parts than I will use: time to pass this stuff along. Enter TGIMBOEJ: The Great Internet Migratory Box Of Electronics Junk: fill a box with stuff and send it to a stranger! The website hasn't had much action lately, but the request list is long, but I got in touch with somebody still interested. I'm hoping to send a box of tomorrow or Wednesday.

Note: new "NAR" tag added for "Not Arduino-Related" posts.

1 comment:

  1. You have no contact form. I'm contacting each participant individually on behalf of tgimboej.org to find out if each person still wishes to participate. Basically I'm trying to clear out the unavailable and unwilling people from the site. Are you still interested? If so, you will have to visit the site and update some sort of contact info to something people can contact you without leaving a comment just a comment.

    ReplyDelete