A SparkFun protoshield and Adafruit motor shield fit on top fine, but with very little (read: "zero") clearance over the tall capacitors I used-- they'll get some tape on top, and the next revision will use shorter caps or orient them sideways. Excited to work with my first factory-made board, I shot and posted some build pictures with a few notes.
To correct in the next revision:
- Fix 3.3V regulator (MCP1700-330) pinout,
- Lay out for wider/shorter or horizontal voltage regulator caps for better shield vertical clearance.
- 5V/3.3V switchable with a jumper on three pins (though it will limit power),
- Top pad and through holes under 7805 for better heat dissipation,
- Credits (CC, author names) on bottom silk screen,
- Optional resettable fuse?
- Optional on/off switch or jumper pins?
- Try to reduce the number and length of jumpers.